Friday, April 2, 2010

Harold B. Lee's Quote on America

I was thinking of Michael, obviously when I first heard about the earthquake in brazil, I was somewhat concerned not knowing geographically how far away he was, I saw this and thought it was worth the read. Scott

Words that give REAL hope in this changing nation.

Harold B. Lee's Quote on America

"Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave
beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and
hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom
God raised up, will never fail. This is the cradle of humanity, where
life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of
the new Jerusalem. This is the place that the Lord said is favored
above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the
Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the
world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail. I
have faith in America ; you and I must have faith in America , if we
understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living
in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges.
I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the
greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is
the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite
whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through. ("Ye Are the Light of the World", pp. 350-51)

No comments:

Post a Comment