Monday, February 1, 2010

(First email dated Jan 28, 2010 at 7:55 am)

Well... Here is the first letter or email, I guess. So as you can tell I survived the long travel. Found several other missionaries, all headed to Buenos Aires and then later on to Uruguay Montevideo West like me. 2 sisters and 9 elders all together. They are all really nice and eager to get moving, like me. I am at the MTC now, emailing of course. I just wanted the travel to end, I am so glad the traveling is all over. They keyboard is different, hence why I am not using any apostrophes. I exchanged some money.. ya... Oh, it is about 80 degrees down here, except it is Celsius so it is more like 20 degrees. I just saw the temple, and it is right across the street, bad news is it is under renovation so... we do not get to go... sad sad sad. The president and his wife seem really nice here though, had my first interview with him.. I think I passed... trying to understand people, but that will take a lot of work, I think I am the only one who did not take Spanish in high school... but most everyone else does not understand either...so... it is all good. Elder Mullen is my first companion at the MTC from what I understand so that is cool. All the luggage made it. My immunizations passed, I read the missionary handbook on the plane along with a few chapters of preach my Gospel and the Book of Mormon, not sure if I really slept.. and I was right above the wing, and it was dark so I did not see much, but that is ok. Again it is hot, but I am in air conditioning. The humidity is fun too... It is actually a lot like New York except less smoggy. This letter is kind of rambly so forgive me on that, it is my first one. The MTC is pretty small... nice and cozy though. I am just really excited that the traveling is over. I started my journal on the plane. All and all I am just happy to be here now, wish the temple was open, and I am excited to get started. I hope everything is good there since yesterday... Cannot wait to get my first message back. Love you all, and the Church is true!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment