Sunday, December 11, 2011

Email 5 Dec 2011

My eye is a whole lot better! And the weather is still nice and hot and humid! This last week was actually pretty cool because I had my last zone conference!!! It was really wierd! I got to give my farewell testimony! and it was really cool because it was actually in the same church building where I gave my first one! and my last 4 companions were all there! It was really cool to see them all again and see how they´re doing in their missions! And as you can tell from the photo, SANTA was at the conference! He gave us an iron! wow! It was actually really cool, I thought I´d never make it to that day, but now it came too fast! Also, something really cool that happened this last week! For the last couple weeks an Australian family has been vacationing here! and they´ve been asisting our ward, they´re all members and don´t speak spanish at all! So it was fun for us to chat with them and get to know them! They even invited us over for dinner! It was my first dinner in English I think Ive had in the whole mission, it was really wierd talking in English the whole time! And then we shared a scripture with them, the first time I´d done that in the mission in a year and ten months! And I´d always heard that the Spirit is more powerful in your own language, but now I actually felt it, just passing the scriptures around with this family, everyone reading in english (even though they had cool australian accents) it really hit me hard and I loved it, it reminded me of FHE back home! A little bit of a trunky moment! Really cool! The daughter spoke english, had a cool accent, and she´s a DRAMA GEEK like me!!! I haven´t found that here in Uruguay! Cool stuff! But, alas.... she´s gone and I don´t even know here name! But it was a fun experience, and Elder Goeckeritz just liked being able to understand everyone, but he´s learning really fast despite the fact. Awesome, thanks for sending the package! I hope Ezequiel and Evalin progress more too! And we found a really cool kid named Leonardo this last week too, the only problem is that his grandma is a die-hard catholic and just blabbed the whole time, so one of us would talk with her to distract her while the other could chat with Leonardo, he even told his grandma to please give us a chance. Really cool kid. We are also teaching a few people english now... and that´s about it! Thanks so much for the email! I luv ya tons and all the support I appreciate a lot! Have a good week! The other photos are the Australians (McGown family) and another shot from Thanksgiving! Que disfruten!

No comments:

Post a Comment